Medication is not the only treatment for ADHD!
Dr Daniel Amen recommends 5 Drug Free Treatments for ADHD
- Neurofeedback – Brain training using EEG Neurofeedback – effective, but takes several sessions, no side effects
- Nutrition – High protein, low carbs is a good start. Sometimes children react negatively to certain processed foods, such as those with artificial coloring, gluten, or dairy
- “Then What?” – question to ask yourself if you do a behavior
- Exercise – A healthy brain loves oxygen and aerobic exercise helps get more oxygen to your brain cells, also helps the body to regulate chemicals in the body
- Meditation – calms the body and the brain